|#5157 TALKING COMMAND
Copyright:1968--first year available 1969
Advertised as Mattels
first talking space toy This vinyl play set would give 9 different space commands.
Features a 3-D molded master control console with flashing radar screens and an exciting
space vista window. Two swivel tilt chairs would secure the astronauts for their
destination. Folds into a carry case with a handy tote strap. Nice graphics of Matt and
Storm on the backside. Powered by two "D" cell batteries (not included). The
console when closed is 12 3/8" x 8 1/2" x 4 1/2".
Box is 12 5/8" x 8 3/4" x 4 3/4" with the two photo sides and the other
panels with the "black" "blue" and "white" line
DEALER CATALOG SPECS:
Standard Pack: 1/2 dozen Wt: 10 lbs. per case
There are two different colors for the space vista window. Some have a transparent blue
background, others are clear.
Like all of the Mattel talkers of the day, after 20 or 30 years these things will no
longer talk. There is a black rubber o-ring that disintegrates or gets all gummy and bogs
the mechanism. These talkers are repairable by replacing the o-ring and cleaning up the
old residue from the original black rubber. Special care must be taken when taking the
device apart. But with a little patience and skill these toys can talk again. We have all
9 sounds here for you to listen, enjoy the ride with Major Matt and Sgt. Storm.
Rec Room, Level 2
1) Ready for blast-off! 3 - 2 - 1 Barroooommmmm!!
2) da de da de da de Batteries recharged Major!
3) Taking immediate action to evade meteor storm. Hold on Seargant!
4) Fuel supply almost exhausted Major. Switch to reserve.
5) Moon station on scanners Major. Shall we make contact?
6) Recallibrate instruments for rendevous and docking manuvers.
7) Orbit achieved Seargant, unfasten belts and switch on scanners.
8) Close helmet visor Seargant, instruments show we're loosing oxygen.
9) Scanners indicate meteor storm directly ahead. See it Major?
ALSO INCLUDED IN:
The talking command console was sold only as an individual item.